Announcing the second annual Student Writing Award competition (Deadline: 12/8/17)
The SCMS War and Media Studies Scholarly Interest Group invites submissions to its annual Graduate Student Writing Award. A $100 cash prize will be awarded to an outstanding essay on any topic related to the relationship between war and media studies. The award panel will consist of the SIG co-chairs and two scholars with expertise in the field. The deadline for submissions is December 8, 2017.
- Entrants must be members of SCMS and the War and Media Studies SIG for the 2017-2018 period.
- Entrants must be enrolled on a recognised programme of graduate study at the time of submitting work to the competition.
- Essays should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words (including references) and be formatted as PDFs.
- Submissions may have been prepared as coursework essays, or as part of a dissertation or thesis.
- Essays must not have been published or accepted for publication at the time of entry.
- The author’s name and affiliation should not appear anywhere on the essay. An application form, to be submitted as a separate document to the essay, is available here.
- Applicants may only submit one essay.
- Essays should not include identifying information, such as names in the header or footer.
- Co-authored works will share the $100 cash prize between authors.
- Previous winners may not submit in the year immediately following their award.
- The deadline for submissions is December 8, 2017. The winner will be announced at the SCMS War and Media SIG meeting in Toronto.
Application can be found here: Student Essay Prize form 2018
Send your completed forms and essays as separate documents to Daniel Grinberg: email@example.com